About Guåhan Insurance
Count on us for all your insurance needs
Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc. specializes in Home, Auto and Business Insurance, and is ready to serve you from our convenient location in the heart of Guam’s business district of Tamuning. Guåhan Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nanbo Guam Ltd. and is the general agent for Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc., Japan’s largest property and casualty insurance company* with an A+ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best.
At Guåhan Insurance, service is our business. Our experienced insurance professionals are always ready to serve the community at our new location in Hagåtña. With our reliable and excellent service, count on us for all your insurance needs.
*Net Premium Written/Non-consolidated accounts of Sompo Japan Nipponkoa
History of Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc.
- July 1991 Nippon Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd. entered into General Agency Agreement with Nanbo Guam, Ltd
- February 2013 Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc. was incorporated and opened its office at the Ada Plaza Building in Hagåtña
- March 2013 The portfolio of Nipponkoa Insurance Co., Ltd. on Guam was transferred to Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc. from Nanbo Guam, Ltd. as its sub-agent. Nanbo Guam, Ltd. subsequently stopped selling any of the insurance products by Nipponkoa Insurance Co., Ltd
- April 2015 Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc. was relocated to the Cliff Pointe Building in Hagåtña
- July 2015 Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc. entered into General Agency Agreement with Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc
- April 2016 Peter “Sonny” Ada, Yukio Kuribayashi, Norman Tenorio and John Terlaje were elected as the members of the Board of Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc
- May 2017 Etsuo Moriya was appointed as the president of Guåhan Insurance Services, Inc. as its fourth president since its establishment
SOMPO Mark (The Global Ring)
The red sphere symbolizes perfect harmony and stability, while simultaneously representing our nation of Japan. The overlaid platinum ring is a leader guiding towards our future, representing SOMPO HOLDINGS’s future in connecting with people of the world to create a “new level of trust.” The dynamic combination of the sphere and ring is an expression of our vision to build a globally competitive company, as a leading brand in Japan.
Brand Slogan “Innovation for Well-being”
Express the width of our business domain not only in insurance but also in related services and our will to be the best customer service provider both at home and abroad.
- 1887 Tokyo Fire Insurance Company is founded (becomes Yasuda Fire & Marine Insurance Company afterward)
- 1892 Nippon Fire Insurance is founded (becomes Nippon Fire & Marine Insurance afterward)
- 2001 Nippon Fire & Marine Insurance merges with Koa Fire & Marine Insurance and becomes Nipponkoa Insurance
- 2002 Yasuda Fire & Marine Insurance Company merges with Nissan Fire & Marine Insurance and Taisei Fire & Marine and becomes Sompo Japan Insurance, Inc.
- 2010 Joint holding company is established to facilitate the management integration of Sompo Japan and Nipponkoa Insurance
- 2014 The companies, each with 120 years of history, merge to form SOMPO JAPAN NIPPONKOA INSURANCE
In this age of uncertainty, we strive to bring peace of mind to your tomorrow. To achieve this we are constantly innovating. From safety and security to health, we seek to promote well-being in every aspect of your life, supporting you in Japan and throughout the world.
Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc. is one of the largest P&C insurance companies in Japan.
- Total assets: ¥ 7,569 billion*
- Workforce: 25,822 employees*
- Sales agencies: 58,976
*as of March 31, 2017
- 32 countries and regions, 228 cities (as of March 31, 2017)
- East Asia (China, Taiwan, Korea)
- Europe, Africa & Middle East (UK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, UAE, Switzerland, Republic of South Africa)
- South Asia & Oceania (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, India, Australia)
- North America (U.S.A [New York, LA, Chicago, Nashville, Charlotte, Dallas, Silicon Valley, Guam, etc.], Canada [Toronto])
- Central & South America (Mexico, Bermuda, Brazil)
Credit Ratings as of May 19, 2017
Standard & Poor’s Financial
Strength Rating A+
Moody’s Insurance Financial
Strength Rating A1
A.M. Best Financial Strength